The adrenal glands are of high importance for the entire body. These small layered glands reside on top of your kidneys. In fact, they are important for healthy kidney function and the production of hormones – particularly stress hormones and sex hormones (estrogen and testosterone).
The adrenal glands release several hormones, like steroids and adrenaline. These hormones improve the metabolic rate, strengthen the immunity, and regulate blood pressure. They also help the body to manage stress, so problems with their release lead to numerous health issues.
Adrenal fatigue leads to lower levels of a number of hormones that can affect every single part of your body. Left unattended, adrenal fatigue can lead to adrenal insufficiency.
Some of the signs of adrenal fatigue include:
- Hair loss
- Poor sleep
- Brittle nails and/or dry skin
- Chronic body and emotional fatigue
- Brain fog and memory loss
- Body aches or chronic muscle pain
- Anxiety and depression
- Blurry vision
- Heart palpitations
- Low blood pressure
- Low sex drive
- Muscle weakness
- Thyroid problems
- Uterine fibroids
- Unexplained weight loss or gain
The following natural homemade recipe with Brazilian walnuts will help you support the function of the adrenal gland, and here is how to prepare it:
- 2/3 cup Brazilian walnuts
- 2/3 cup dried parsley leaves
- 4 tablespoons pure natural honey
- 5 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger root
- 1/3 cup raisins
You should blend the dried parsley leaves and Brazilian walnuts into a blender and then add the honey, coconut oil. raisins, and ginger. Blend until you get a homogeneous mixture.
Consume two tablespoons of this homemade, natural adrenal gland boosting remedy early in the morning before breakfast and on an empty stomach.
You should take this dosage 2 or 3 times in an entire week. By so doing, you will give your adrenal gland a boost and you will immediately see and feel changes in your body.
Your quality of sleep will improve, your hair will look healthy and its natural luster would be obvious for all to see and your nails will not break off at the slightest aggravation. They will be healthy and very strong.
Additional tips to keep your Adrenal glands healthy:
- Avoid caffeine
- Reduce or eliminate alcohol
- Ditch the sweets
- Stop using microwave oven
- Avoid hydrogenated oils (canola, corn, and soy oil)
- Drink more water
Herbs and supplements
- Ashwagandha: Used in Ayurvedic medicine is known to help us respond to stress and balance hormones and blood sugar level. You can find it in tea, tinctures, and capsules in health food stores or online.
- Holy basil: This herb reduces cortisol levels and regulates corticosterone, promoting balance to the adrenal glands. This herb protects your hypothalamus, pituitary gland, and adrenals.
- Licorice root: It contains phytonutrient triterpenoid saponins that regulate cortisol. Licorice can be taken as a tea or in capsule form to support the adrenal cortex, regulate blood sugar, and balance hormones.
- Supplement with fish oil: Essential fatty acids from fish oil inhibit adrenal activation caused by mental stress by calming the central nervous system.
- Magnesium: This relaxation mineral reduces the production of cortisol and is responsible for hundreds of bodily functions.
We really hope you find this article helpful and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank you and have a good one.